Huelva City, the capital of the province, is located on the Atlantic Costa de la Luz on the wide estuary of the River Odiel. Huelva has a connection with the discovery of America as it was from here that Caravels set sail on the 3rd August 1492.
- Cathedral La Merced - 18th century.
- Casa Colon - the house of Christopher Columbus.
- Queen Victoria´s Workers´Quarter - a group of terraced houses built in 1917 in English style and designated a monument of historic interest. These were homes to workers from the Rio Tinto Mining Company.
- Jardin de Muelle - seafront gardens.
- La Plaza Monjas - in the heart of the city, a large square with fountains and trees.
- Corpus Christi Hospital - now a theatre.