Altitude: 590 m
Distance to Malaga: 49 km
Distance to coast: 16 km
Driving from the coast, Corumbela is located after passing through the whitewashed villages of Arenas and Daimalos.
Corumbela`s origins are unknown but it is thought that its name was derived from "La Paloma" (the dove), which the village was so called by the Romans. In 1493 following the downfall of the Nazari Kingdom of Granada the Catholic Monarchs handed over the village to Diego Fernandez de Cordoba as payment for services rendered during the final years of the re-conquest. The village later passed into the hands of the Medinaceli family and was in their possession until the year 1811 when the Parliament of Cadiz prohibited such family ownerships. It later became part of the municipality of Sayalonga and remains so to this day. An outstanding and interesting monument in Corumbela is the church with its Mudejar style minaret.